Thursday, February 19, 2009

Defining Stupid

I need to define stupid. I'm looking for just the right words here, so bear with me while I think out loud; idiotic, dumb, unconscionable, imbecilic, putrid, unintelligent, thick, witless, dopey, brainless, daft, mindless, laughable, puerile, asinine, irresponsible, senseless, short-sighted, ill-advised, fatuous, half-baked, inane, crack-brained, Governors of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alaska, South Carolina, and Idaho. I'll go with the Governors of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alaska, South Carolina and Idaho. Crack-brained is a nice touch though!

You see, these great leaderes are the ones that want to turn down that horrible economic stimulus money; that's right, the crack-brained Republican Governors of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alaska, South Carolina and Idaho. I hope the voters in these states take note. Remember, they are all Republicans.

Of course, it's all posturing and I'm sure that they will not become all of the things I listed above; or will they? I'm not taking bets on this one folks. To hear them talk, they seem to be covering all of the "stupid" bases! Stupid is what crack-brains do.

Hats off to the other Republican Governors that supported the President. Maybe your crack-brained friends will turn down the money and your states can benefit significantly by receiving additional resources. Governor Carcieri; you escaped this one. At least you're not talking about turning down the help that Rhode Island so desperately needs. You should have supported the President though. Funny thing here; I just found out that our Governor is on a week's vacation.

Blog On

1 comment:

  1. Boy--strong language. Why can't we all get along? Seriously though, people like Palin and
    the others are cutting off their noses to spite their faces. They should put politics aside and be thinking first and foremost of how the funds would help their constituents!

    ReplyDelete