Friday, March 4, 2011

What Can I Say?

Let me start by saying that I am sorry for being away so long. I'm actually dizzy from the actions of the new Congress and disappointed that the voting public is so stupid. That's right; at times the voters are just amazingly stupid. You need only look to the re-election of Richard Nixon to know that.

There is so much to talk about since I've been away, I don't know where to begin. How about this new Congress that wants to cut $60 billion from this years appropriations. I have no problem with cutting $60 billion; I have a problem with where the bone heads want to make those cuts. John Boehner and crew want to cut the money from the Environmental Protection Agency, The Security and Exchange Commission, The Consumer Protection Bureau, and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. What kind of memory do these Republicans have? Can't they remember that our economy was taken to its knees at the end of the Bush administration because of the pro Wall Street attitude? My dog has a better memory than the current Republicans in Congress.

How about the idiot in Wisconsin; that would be the Governor, who does not have the guts to negotiate with any union. What a weak kneed example of America patriotism! He blames the state employees while he cuts the taxes of Wisconsin's big corporations. Then this idiot expects only the public employees to pay the bill! Outrageous!!!!

I miss Keith Olbermann! You can always connect to him at his new site, the Fok News Channel.

On the positive side of reality, Senator Lincoln Chafee is now Governor Lincoln Chafee who provided me the energy to create this web site. If you want to learn more about this, just follow all of the Chafee links. I was there on election night when this Republican turned Independent garnered enough votes to become Governor (37% in a 4 way race). Since his election, he has done nothing but impress me with his approach to leadership. While Linc is no longer a Republican, he represents what Republicans used to be. One small example of Linc's efforts to deal with the deficit in this state; instead of attacking state employees and teachers, his administration did announce the reduction in payments to outsourced law firms by 15%. What a great idea! Privatization is killing government and this is the area where real savings can be found.

Tomtoak

No comments:

Post a Comment